10.1.07

Meetic / Dating Direct

DatingDirect.com, which grew to be one of the UK's lasting successes of the dotcom boom, is to be sold to Meetic, the pan-European dating website, in a deal worth £27.3m.

The company, which was set up by internet entrepreneurs Darren Richards and Andrew Pike in 1999, has undergone substantial growth over the last eight years, increasing its membership from an initial 40,000 to more than 4.5m.

Meetic, one of Europe's most popular dating websites according to Nielsen/NetRatings, has operations in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands and Belgium.

DatingDirect has extended its service through a number of third-party deals with major media companies. Most recently, it signed a deal with Trinity Mirror to provide dating services through the online editions of the Daily Mirror, The People and the Daily Record.

Previous deals DatingDirect.com has signed include ones with iVillage.co.uk, AOL, ITV.com and Channel 4. It is ranked as the number one personals site in the UK by Nielsen/NetRatings.

(c) DigitalBulletin

1 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonyme said...

I think the choice really depends on the person. One part of me feels like I have to be the one to fish through emails and look at profiles and go on a dating website that I choose because no one knows me better than I do. But another part of me would prefer an expert to match me up with someone and possibly eliminate those people I will not connect with. Maybe someday I will try both to see which works better.

 

Enregistrer un commentaire

<< Home